IESR Use Cases
|Creator||Ann Apps, Mimas, The University of Manchester, UK|
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Licence:
Attribution Required; Non-Commercial; Share-Alike.
Use Scenarios and Use Cases
These Use Scenarios and Use Cases illustrate some possible ways in which IESR could be used:
- 1. Dynamic use of IESR by a portal
- 2. Gathering IESR descriptions to populate a local registry
- 3. Use of a local registry by a portal
- 4. Static use of IESR by a portal builder
- 5. Direct use of IESR by a person
- 6. Dynamic use of IESR by a service application
- 7. Contribute to IESR
- 8. Populating IESR by harvest
Comments, and suggestions for further use scenarios, are welcome.
Other Uses of IESR
Other uses of IESR have been suggested, but have not been developed into detailed Use Cases.
Use of a Terminology service
Various of the Use Cases indicate the use of a terminology service. More details of using a terminology service are available.
Benefits of Using IESR
There are various benefits of using IESR, to resource providers, application developers and end users.
The Metholodogy used for developing the Use Cases is that presented at the JISC-funded training course 'Writing Effective Scenarios and Use Cases' delivered by Intrallect in Bath on 22 November 2005. Training resources from this course are available from the JISC Digital Repository Wiki at http://www.ukoln.ac.uk/repositories/digirep/index/Useful_Resources.